Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spain day 13

It's been amazing to see it all. The people here have this fire, One guy, Julio, had a job that paid 6000 euros a month. He's a double masters in engineering. He's been really working and investing in the church and he's on fire for God. Really leading the young people. He lost his job a month ago and he was offered a better paying job than his old one but it was in another country. He also got a job offer for the same amount of money but it would make it so he couldn't work at the church. He turned both down so he could live for God.
Saturday night we were all praying before they went witnessing in the streets. They had 10 converts! 10.. and the church is booming. They don't know how to disciple though. The pastor here has seen me going through the commands of Christ booklet and wants to use it in the church. I've been typing them out as Kirsten reads them to me. Then they will translate them. I think maybe God can use me in this way.

Today I made French toast with Kirsten.. haha I'm living proof that guys can cook! but what wasn't so cool was the clean up... did you know that heated sugar when cooled by water forms an epoxy?
:P

1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing! I am soo happy for all the things God is doing there! It's just awesome! Julio is a wonderful example of living only for Christ. wow!
    That's fun that you and Kirsten can do that together. :) I know you both are having a BLAST! ;) I think God has already been using you, Ben and having you type out that book is just another way He is too.

    Kirsten sure did enjoy making those french toast disappear... I heard it straight from the horse's mouth... er fingers :P She loved making them with you. lol about you being proof guys can cook... lol :P

    and no... I didn't know that... I don't think... who knows!
    ROFL!
    Manda

    ReplyDelete