Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spain day 2

Today was the relaxed day because it was Saturday.. so I slept in to the local time of 7:20 did my Bible time then went on a little run. I started running uphill and kept running for 12 and a half minutes. I noticed on the way up.. that the Torres (family I'm with) are living on the side of a mountain! my poor legs... Every Saturday the Torres go down to Barcelona and go walking in the street, go shopping and just walking. It was amazing they have this one street where you have people come out and are acting and they get money, all kinds of shops.. hehe yes I did I bought some stuff and a knife. :D It was amazing we walked down to the harbor, went to McDonalds.. it was 5 stories tall! And they even charged for Mayo. The Euro may be sounder... but you have less buying power. A big mac costs 9 american dollars... not cool. Then we walked more and had wicked strong coffee and saw amazing stuff.. everyone walks and the streets are packed with people. Then we went into an open air market and it was amazing.. have to check the pics onfb... People are very social here but not too friendly.
The main thing I saw.. is the loss, they don't know God, they want fulfillment in life and they do anything, nudity is accepted.. sex is open, a couple started in front of me at McDonalds while in line. So many people, and all so lost. Tonight many of them are going to go out and get drunk.. and party and live immorally, all because they want to feel something, they don't have anything to live for. Please pray..

1 comment:

  1. Wow! sounds like a great time minus the mcdonalds! :P I can't wait to go to Europe! The scenery sounds amazing!
    Still praying as you minister!
    Manda

    ReplyDelete