Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spain day 3

Today was awesome. I went to church and the people were so friendly.. haha more kissing of course.. I didn't know there were so many types of lipsticks... haha. Church is so social here, and then we went and hung out with some friends and they talked about alot of stuff in Spanish. One of the couples were fluent.. in English because the hubby was a agent for basketball and soccer players. The meal was at this really nice authentic Italian restaurant... it cost 161 euros! :P
I was given a really good chance to be a example when I was offered some light wine. I explained that I had made a vow that I would not drink. We walked on the beach and I wish I had brought my camera... but it was really nice and I was really quiet and spent time in prayer.. So much is going on.. My Aunt asked me to help her with school for Kirsten with reading and grammer.. I'm wanting to help where ever I can. I'll be doing some cleanup.. hehe. God is moving.. and for some reason He's using me.. and I don't know why. I spent 30 minutes sharing about the commands of Christ with Miguel, the pastor I am staying with. God is indeed amazing.
Please lift up the Spaniards... they need Jesus.
And a quote from Tio Miguel

"Kissing as a greeting isn't too bad when it's a young pretty girl. but when she's old, and fat, stinky and missing teeth, you ask yourself... can I wake up?"

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!!! my uncle Mike WOULD say something like that :D


    I miss them so much! I'm glad to go see them in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day and I am very happy to hear how God is using you to minister! He's got some great plans for ya being there! Don't worry about the why He is using you, just know He is! :)
    Will be praying for the Spaniards and you as you share God with them!

    NOTE TO BEN: TAKE YOUR CAMERA WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO! :D
    Manda

    ReplyDelete