Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spain day 7

Today was a comedy. I helped out with the powerpoint again and helped the kids with school. Miguel challenged me to a game of darts. He's much better than me, but I have incredible luck and when I concentrate I can give him a run for his money. I stunk really badly though and we got closer and we did a winner takes all. 6 darts. we both tied at 80 points so we threw once more. He hit 20 points.. the best outside the inner black (25) and the inner red (50) He started teasing me.. so I concentrated and threw... dead center. He about cried and his wife even laughed at him. haha you have to know Mike to understand.
I tried to get Sabrina to do school so Aunt Rachel could study for church. it was like pulling teeth to get her to do her work.. Aunt Rachel and Uncle mike headed out for the prayer meeting and first thing ya know.. power outage!! well these being little girls and me being in Spain, I couldn't find the breaker box. So I took them out on a walk into town and got some great shots and wish I had a better camera. We picked up some drinks and headed back. the night was great for pics. I got back... the power was still off. so I checked again for the breaker box and one girl happened to remember that the box was by the front door! I had walked past it a dozen times. oh well. The washer kept flipping the breaker though.. and one time while it was dark I knocked down a picture and busted the frame in half. oh well. I cooked dinner and put some rosemary in it. Kirsten asked me.. what are these sticks.. and I said.. I picked them off the floor... cockroach legs, and we died laughing. when the parents got back we tried to fix the wireless.. me with one hand on the antenna and another on the celling. it was a good day today. I'm really looking forward to each day. God bless!

3 comments:

  1. rofl! sounds like a super awesome day, Ben! :)

    thats funny about the darts... bwhahaha... lucky man you are!

    Glad you had such a good time with the girls! they look like sweethearts. that is hilarious about the cockroach legs... isn't that how it always is... what we are looking for is usually right under our noses or right where we already looked. :P

    hope tomorrow is as good as today was for you! :)

    glad you shared this... it made me laugh and smile... I needed it.
    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! That made my day. Loved it!

    Power outages are so much fun, and Sabrina sounds like she's feisty! :D ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete