Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spain day 15

It's been really good here for the last couple days. I've been typing out the commands of Christ so they can be translated. It's been really cool hanging out with the cousins. Sabrina and Kirsten have been alot of fun to hang with and they like to bicker alot sometimes. Kirsten's nickname is Tatiana. I haven't the slightest idea what it means but they have been fun. Last night I went with the Torres to a Bible study. It was at a nice apartment and there was a huge pool. There were about 8 kids. You will see plenty of pictures later on fb. Well t the the kids were playing futball and tag so one of the dads asked me to make sure that they didn't fall into the pool. I missed a huge bible study about the light of the earth. It was really hilarious to play with the kids none of whom spoke any english and my Spanish was almost as bad. Goal is pretty universal though. Chuta was kick for them.. some type of slang from Brazil. Well to say.. my horrid futball skills showed up. You have any idea how humiliating it is to be beat by a bunch of 6 year olds? Well good thing I don't either, that would have been bad. One of the 6 year old guys noticed that I was always talking to Kirsten and asked if I was her boyfriend. See even kids here are the same.. one of them had gone through several gfs already. I've had to do a little work here but I've more than enjoyed it all. What has been very interesting is the social life. People here aren't friendly unless you are introduced my somebody they know. The pastor is in a city about 40 miles from the closest person so I get alot of time to spend with my cousins when they aren't doing school.
About my cousins, I guess technically they aren't my cousins.. their mom is Rachel Worley Torres.. and my Dad's sister married into the Worley family. All inlaws in this family. Uncle Mike/Miguel is the pastor and he's a real fuzzball. He's really jolly and has a great sense of humor. His duties with the church demand alot of his time. Aunt Rachel seems to be really nice and she keeps working and keeps the kids working and does mch work as well. Kirsten is very sober and works very hard and is very mature and wise for 12 years. yet she can be very fun loving. Sabrina is a very cute adorable little kid, she's age 8. often I come in and I see Kirsten and she's reading her Bible. It really warms my heart to see that. Someone so young seeking God.
Let's follow her example and follow God too.

4 comments:

  1. Kirsten sounds so great! I hope to meet her someday! I just figured out that I have about 79 days of reading my bible and then I will have read the whole Bible all the way through. Its pretty exciting!

    sounds like you're having a great time! Glad everything is going smoothly! :)
    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fairy Queen Tatiana from "A Midsummer Night's Dream," perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaa

    I've never heard my Uncle Mike called a fuzzball before... but.. now that you mention it, he is pretty jolly... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehehe.....those gals are so sweet!! I can't wait to see them when I go to Spain. And Uncle Mike does look like a fuzzball.

    ReplyDelete