Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spain day 16

Sunday was interesting.. I had slept over at the church all night. well for 4 hours. Those Spanish kids are just like American kids.. they play when the cats away.. then we had to stay at the church all day and I stole two hours and went into the office and slept.. they said they missed me but I know that they were really happy I didn't eat a ton of food. :D We have 7 people here from a college in Fort Wayne and they are going to be here until the 12th. They are helping with the church too and doing touristy things. 5 girls, one guy, and their professor is on the way. I feel really sorry for the guy, (Phil) because he is soo outnumbered and yes... one of the girls is very ditzy.. but they all for the most part have a real desire to serve and to help. We went out for ice cream, don't ask me to spell the word for it here. I got a milkshake. How they make milkshakes here is really cool. You pick out the ice cream you want, they put it in a blender with milk, and they add sugar and nutmeg. WOW, it was really good, although it was expensive. We went to the Plaza de Spain, and sorrow of sorrows... I had forgotten my camera again.. so sorry y'all. Then we headed back to the train station and I hopped on to go to Terressa. Uncle mike went to pick me up and he got lost.. I knew where I was,,, but something neither of us knew was there was 3 stations in Terressa.. not 2. He couldn't find me at either one of those because I was at the very first one. I met some deaf people while waiting though, we couldn't speak very well.
It was a very good Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. So did Uncle Mike find you or not??? I am guessing he did....

    hehehehe....I feel sorry for the guy too! Have a great day and remember to look at G-d and depend on His strength alone!

    Love you much and I am looking forward to seeing you again!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fort Wayne? As in Fort Wayne Indiana? Dude... I LIVE THERE! That is sooo cool.... living here... I can attest to the ditzyness of the girls hereabout... however mean that may sound! :P

    A milkshake sounds really good right now...

    Dude... superglue your camera to your hand or something. ;)

    Sounds like a great day! :)
    Manda

    ReplyDelete