Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 22

Today I went with Uncle Mike into a little town that had a natural spring flowing out of a rock. We filled up water bottles. Next we went through the town. It was all buildings still inhabited, but they were 12th century. I walked through there and took pictures. One of the vived memories was rounding a stone house and comon upon a entrance where fresh Laundry was airing. The dark pants and red blouse were against a background of gray stone and faded red roof slates all wafted with the hint of lavender. Wickedly awesome. then we drove to a nearby mountain.. well bluffs on a mountain. We are in the mountains. I got to freeclimb about 20 feet.. oh gosh I thought I was going to die.. at one point I was over 200 feet of air and my foot slipped off as the rocks broke free. I had my arms under me though and so I was just dangling.. what made it hard was the bluff was sandstone which the wind had cut back to rocks so you had to be careful which rocks you grabbed.. :D ...I got some really cool videos though.. Well I had to leave and I decided to beat my time up the bluff by going down.. I beat it by a good 5 minutes. No I didn't jump.. I had just taken the really long path up the bluff and missed the shortcut. Then we talked about the importance of living a life for Christ and being a witness and a missionary to all people. Each of those little towns have about 500 people to 1000... in this one disctrict alone there are thousands of villages just like this. They all have a church.. and they all are empty of souls. Who will go? Who is ready? Truly the fields are white for harvest.. and where are the workers? Sitting on their megasize rears watching movies and playing Halo....
let us reap before the rain comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment