Monday, May 11, 2009

Spain day 23

This is my last Sunday here, Although they sing and pray in a different language here, I see a passion and I can sense the Holy Spirit in a way that I've only felt once before in a church. Church here is very different, It's not so much a social duty or activity as it is a lifestyle. You can't get them out of Church. They love to fellowship and worship almost nonstop here. Church isn't Sunday and Wednesday, it's all week. Monday you have Mens meetings, Tuesday Womens, or vice versus. Wednesday the teenagers, Thursday my age group, Friday is cell groups with families, and Saturday they evangelize. There is such a difference here and there are so few of them, yet they are dauntless. What I see convicted me.. I have 24 hours in a day, same as anyone, yet what do I do with it? Do I uplift? Do I tear down? Do I focus on God? Or is it all about me? What I am doing with my time isn't enough. The people here are on the front lines, surrounded by demonism, immorality, and perversion, and they stand boldly for Christ.
They need money, support, the economy is in a crises here, and I've not heard one complaint.. only how Jesus is using it and how blessed they are despite the times.
They see the need around them and they are trying despite their lack of numbers. Barcelona is one of the Gateways to Europe. What a opportunity...

1 comment:

  1. And we moan and groan about a recession. Our God is the One who kept the oil coming for the Gentile widow.

    ReplyDelete