Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quiet times 41-50

What is the goal of my life as a Christian? Am I fulfilling it? I think this is it. Do I want to walk in Christ, in the newness of life? Or am I wanting to walk in my flesh? Am I walking in my flesh and saying that my grace abounds to cover my sin? Am I walking in life trusting in God? I know I am not. It is against my desire to live in my flesh, I feel the otherworldly pull to be better than I am. Yet I feel the pull of this world to sate on entertainment and selfish desires. I don't think I have a choice. I am called to serve God, I have been bought with a price. I am called to serve Him and not me. Now will I be a faithful servant or not?
Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
What will you be?

I wish I could say that I am right before God and man. That I am free of iniquity. That my tongue and heart are pure. Well it gives me something to look forward to. I have a goal. To live for Christ. Let me encourage you all to live for Christ and guard your mouth. God bless.

11So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

Romans6:16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Let us live as a servant of righteousness. God bless

Psalm 63

1O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 2To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 3Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. 4Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. 5My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: 6When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. 7Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. 8My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. 9But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth. 10They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes. 11But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.
Honestly right now everything seems so confusing. What I thought I had going for me has vanished. God takes away what we put above Him and He humbles us. I am in the middle of a humbling experience. May i seek God when all else is unknown. May We all seek God even when everything seems known.
God bless

The Kings heart is in His hands and he turns it where ever He wills. i tend to be disgruntled with our leadership. Although they aren't Kings... which stinks. Kings got beheaded occasionally. :D
Well.... I know that isn't a great idea to kill out leaders because God controls them. They do his will and He appoints them. My disgruntlement against them is Against God.
Not always a good idea.
Pslams 73. It's not good to envy them either. If we envy the wicked we follow them.
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.
God bless

I think this passage is clear on what some of our biggest tasks as Christians are.

1 Listen

First off listen to God's law and to others. To often I am too busy saying what I want to say to listen. I learn more when my mouth is shut.

2 Repeat the word. Just because I have heard it once doens't mean that's it. Reread the word, tell others about it. Focus on God.

3 tell them to our children. Tell not only the word but also the works. It is important to pass them them on to your children. It is great when you can learn from the examples and words of others.

4 Live a separate life. We are called to live a santified life. Not one that is similar to the world.


Ps.78 1Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth. 2I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: 3Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. 4We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done. 5For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: 6That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: 7That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: 8And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.

Ps 79:8O remember not against us former iniquities: let thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low. 9Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake. 10Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is their God? let him be known among the heathen in our sight by the revenging of the blood of thy servants which is shed. 11Let the sighing of the prisoner come before thee; according to the greatness of thy power preserve thou those that are appointed to die; 12And render unto our neighbours sevenfold into their bosom their reproach, wherewith they have reproached thee, O Lord 13So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.


Don't let us forget how God has saved us from our iniquities. We were the lowest of the low. And God has raised us to be free of our sins. As we are free we need to live so we are a witness. Let us show praise to all generations and Praise Him.

We have much to be glad for. Let us praise him
Prvbs 17:1Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife. 2A wise servant shall have rule over a son that causeth shame, and shall have part of the inheritance among the brethren. 3The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts. 14The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.

Psalms 85: 6Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?

Romans 8: 1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Honestly I am struggling with contentment. I am wanting more than dry morsels. Yet I know when it comes time that.i can earn money that I should take the time to invest in my family and not so much time at work earning for "sacrifices". I see as I am around others from their examples how easy it is to cause strife and how hard it is to stop it. I can easily say it but it is hard to correct in my own life. I guess right now I need God. It is hard when I feel lonely. I need to rely on God and not on others. I want to be revived and to see God to love Him with a love that is beyond understanding or my depth.

I know there is no condemnation for me in Jesus Christ. I want to claim it but I doubt I can claim it. I don't feel worthy. I feel that I have to earn it in some way. That is my logic, my understanding. I know it is there, but I don't have the forgiveness of those I harmed and I feel unforgiven. I need forgiveness. Pray that I find it. And that I accept it.

proverbs 18:10The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.


I need a strong tower. I am indeed feeling poor and needy.

Psalms 86:1Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. 2Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. 3Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. 4Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. 5For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. 6Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. 7In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
May we all see how poor and needy we are and who we can turn to.
God bless

Proverbs 19:23The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
Psalms 92: 5O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
Psalms 95:Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Romans 9: 1I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, 2That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. 3For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 33As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
I just had these verses hit me as I was reading. Occasionally I like to take the time to stop and see what God made and revel in His creation. When I stop and look at some of what he has made and the terrors they hold... the sea when it is calm.. when it has and can unleash terrible destruction... the amazing things God has done and yet the limits he has put them on him. How you can enjoy the gentleness of a summer breeze... that could have been a hurricane. That is an amazing thing. I do believe though that I have been going through alot of continual sorrow and great heaviness. Thanks for bearing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment