Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quiet time 21-30

''17He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.
I could be really taking this out of context... IMO I see this verse as a rememberance to to not toot my own horn, or to try to vindicate myself.

This is my prayer for you all

10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

May you truly be always vigilant and never let your guard down in anyway. It is believed that Paul in this passage was talking about the armor that the Roman soldiers wore. The funny thing was that it had no rear armor. breast plate... but no rear plate. That's because not only were they supposed to never show their rear to the enemy, but also their fellow soldiers were to protect their rear. not only are we supposed to Put on the armor of God to protect ourselves but we also need to help protect our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ

Psalm 91

1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Dear Friends, this is one of the Psalms that comfort me. Verse 2. I have a major insecurity problem, I find that I can always put my trust in God. He will always sustain me and cover me. God covers me with his Presence. It Goes on about how God rewards and guides us. The only condition is that it seems to be for the man who makes God his dwelling place. Who abides in Him. What does that mean for me?

it means that I need to be more in God. If I focus on him more than than I want to do. Too often I act on what I want to do, not what I know I should do. In Psalms 95 it puts it wonderfully

6O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

7For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

8Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

It's just amazing that we are able to worship God without dying. We can talk to him directly. There is now one mediator between God and man. He's God too so that is sweet.

Dearly beloved.. hehe Ok Freinds.
A quick update. I have had 8 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours... So forgive me if I come across as giggly or irrational.. my brother says I act drunk when I'm this tired.. my question is how would he know? Today at the place where I live and work, today is the last day I will see many people... not only does the old group graduate, the leaders are leaving, and about 20 volunteers have been helping out. Sadly the people with the biggest character witness have been the volunteers. It;s been so amazing to see people my age that have so much depth and we can have serious talks.

Today I was reading through Proverbs... God seemed to shout it out.
Proverbs 21

1The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

This is so important in these times.. it seems that God has been not looking and not caring as our judges and Kings and those in authority run rampant and we have those who defy God as President. It's so hard to remember that God is in control

2Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

I have to look deep into my heart.. Too often I find out that my way often has been serving me when I am trying to do what I think is right. And the other times are when I am trying to please me anyway.

3To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

4An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.

5The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.

6The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.

7The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do judgment.

8The way of man is froward and strange: but as for the pure, his work is right.

9It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

10The soul of the wicked desireth evil: his neighbour findeth no favour in his eyes.

11When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.

12The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their wickedness.

13Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.

14A gift in secret pacifieth anger: and a reward in the bosom strong wrath.

15It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

16The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.

17He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich.

18The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.

19It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

20There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

21He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.

22A wise man scaleth the city of the mighty, and casteth down the strength of the confidence thereof.

23Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

24Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.

25The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.

26He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.

27The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he bringeth it with a wicked mind?

28A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.

29A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way.

30There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.

31The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

God alone is the one who understands it all and I must serve him. It's hard to not take it into my own hands and my own understandings.

Yet today my heart hurts. I have had some stuff happen and I feel like David in Psalms 102. I cry out for Mercy.. I feel so Psalm 102
Psalm 102

1Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.

2Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

3For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth.

4My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread.

5By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin.

6I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert.

7I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.

8Mine enemies reproach me all the day; and they that are mad against me are sworn against me.

9For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping.

10Because of thine indignation and thy wrath: for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down.

11My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.

then what happens is but God.. It's so awesome to look up from your sepths of muck.. and see God. Not just God.. But his mercies are renewed everyday. When all around my soul gives way.. He then is my hope and stay.

12But thou, O LORD, shall endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.

13Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.

14For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.

15So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.

16When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.

17He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.

18This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.

19For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth;

20To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death;

21To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;

22When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD.

23He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days.

24I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.

25Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

26They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:

27But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
28The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.
Amen
hehe
what can I say besides..
That's all folks.......
Have a great day and God bless you all.. each and every one..
:D
Psalm 106.We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.

7Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.

8Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.

9He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up: so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.

10And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.

11And the waters covered their enemies: there was not one of them left.

12Then believed they his words; they sang his praise.

13They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel:

14But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.

15And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.

16They envied Moses also in the camp, and Aaron the saint of the LORD.

17The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan and covered the company of Abiram.

18And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked.

19They made a calf in Horeb, and worshipped the molten image.

20Thus they changed their glory into the similitude of an ox that eateth grass.

21They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt;

22Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and terrible things by the Red sea.

23Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.

24Yea, they despised the pleasant land, they believed not his word:

25But murmured in their tents, and hearkened not unto the voice of the LORD.

26Therefore he lifted up his hand against them, to overthrow them in the wilderness:

27To overthrow their seed also among the nations, and to scatter them in the lands.

28They joined themselves also unto Baalpeor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead.

29Thus they provoked him to anger with their inventions: and the plague brake in upon them.

30Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed.

31And that was counted unto him for righteousness unto all generations for evermore.

32They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes:

33Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

34They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the LORD commanded them:

35But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works.

36And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them.

37Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,

38And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

39Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.

40Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.

41And he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them.

42Their enemies also oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand.

43Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity.

many times as we look at the israelites we wonder how they could be so stupid.. to do all those things and be so shallow. My dad made the point when we were talking about this Psalm today that the Israelites were just like us. They were normal people. IMO if they lived now in America it woul read something like

God saved them from Hell, he put them in a nation that professes God and didn't attack them.. he made them his children, gave them a direct way to God, gave them prosperity, houses, 4 wheeled transportation, a voice in the government.. and yet they forsake Him, They loved their cars and their golf clubs, they Put God in a closet, yet when God sent them reminders, they cursed him or blamed him. Asked why does he allow so much suffering. They say How dare God treat them so? Are we not guaranteed a happy life? Then we wonder why we get corrupt leaders and Obama.

Hit me a little close to home. how many times have I murmered and complained? My personal miracles read like

Saved from hell, given a godly home, spared his life many times, given second chances with family, friends and basic, Given a truck, had my camera returned, spared from my own sins and consequences.. yet this morning I yelled at my sister because she was whining about how she couldn't sleep because the dog whimpered. I complain because I am discomforted that people don't treat me the way I feel should be treated. Yet, looking at it from God's perspective.. why doesn't he wipe me off the face of the earth for my ingratitude?

44Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry:

45And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

46He made them also to be pitied of all those that carried them captives.

47Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise.

48Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.

After all this.. God hears us and rescues us. he is indeed merciful. hehe, then you read Psalm 107. and what does it start out with? :D

oh that men would praise God..

and I finish up with this

29Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

it applies too all of us. May we be diligent

Honestly today i sat at my lappie and stared at the online Bible... and that was it. I didn't get anything.. Probably because I already know what I need to do... and that I haven't been doing it. Bet you can't gues... Honor your father and mother.
, Yup, I'm having trouble doing it.. I don't know why.. jst something like feed the dogs, empty the trash.. I'm naturally a selfish person. Anyways.. room to improve...
I did find this in Romans.
15So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

it really ties into the Old covenant. Yesterday Morning.. I saw that God never forsook his Children despite all they did.. even so after they killed his Son he Gave them the Gospel first, then us. Another reason to praise God.. that in his Mercy and Love he extended the line of Abraham to us. God bless.

Honestly today i sat at my lappie and stared at the online Bible... and that was it. I didn't get anything.. Probably because I already know what I need to do... and that I haven't been doing it. Bet you can't gues... Honor your father and mother.
, Yup, I'm having trouble doing it.. I don't know why.. jst something like feed the dogs, empty the trash.. I'm naturally a selfish person. Anyways.. room to improve...
I did find this in Romans.
15So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

it really ties into the Old covenant. Yesterday Morning.. I saw that God never forsook his Children despite all they did.. even so after they killed his Son he Gave them the Gospel first, then us. Another reason to praise God.. that in his Mercy and Love he extended the line of Abraham to us. God bless.

Why do I struggle so much? Why is it so hard for me to do what is right? WHy does it seem that I struggle with honesty? Obedience? I echo David... Psalm 119 1Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. 2Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. 3They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways. 4Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. 5O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! 6Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. 7I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. 8I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly. 9Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Right how I am at the part where I feel ashamed because my life doesn't match up to God's standards... I truly feel like the Greek myth of the man who was pushing a boulder uphill. I want to be at the point where I see Jesus. Psalm 120:1In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me. 2 Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.Well, the tongue and lips belong to a Ben Bradley whom you all know and some should love.
I believe God can deliver me from myself. As a dear friend pointed out. Once you become a Christian.. your old urges don't always go away, they require focusing on God and battling to die. Proverbs 24:10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. 11If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; 12If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

Not only am i to battle and endure my fight but I am also to help others. I f I see a need and ignore it.. God will leave me in my struggles and punish me for their failures.

May we all go out of our way to try and help those who need it.

I hope you all are doing well and can't wait to hear from you all or meet you. I hope you each have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow and don't eat too much. Trust me you will regret it later. I guess as I look at Thanksgiving, I am reminded how much that God has blessed me this year. First off most of our extended family will be there, a blessing that none of us have kicked the bucket. I have my licenses, our house is looking great, God gave me a truck, and I pray that my dog is pregnant. I know she's not married.. :D
Today hopefully will be more humorous.
I was reading Proverbs 27 and I though... wow sounds like he dealt with the congress that day. Or the board of deacons. the proverb is about fools, sluggards, the slothful, angry, and the haters.
ouch.. what is a fool? It seems that Ben Bradley falls into alot of these categories. I don't want to do that.. I'd rather, much rather Fear the Lord and walk in his ways.. plus the benefits are pretty good as well. Psalms 128 1Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. 2For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. 3Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. 4Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD. 5The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life. 6Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel. As a friend told me.. there is something so satisfying in eating the work of you hands... so the moral of that is be a farmer.. not a carpenter... :D There is something so awesome in working with your hands. I just have to make myself start it.
I found comfort in these verses.
Psalm 130

1Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. 2Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. 3If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? 4But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. 5I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. 6My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. 7Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. 8And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

There is just something so amazing in this. Out of the depths of my despair have I cried unto Thee! I know that my sins are numerous and if you were to hold them against me I could not stand?

I yearn for God... more than the morning after a dark and dreary night. Let all of us hope in God for he is merciful and has forgiven us. David got to look forward to the redemption of his sins.. we are so blessed that we can look back to the cross and see what God has done to save us and redeem us. It is so amazing to feel God. I want that again.

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
Verse 13.. For the hearers of the law are not just before God.. it's the doers. Faith requires Action!! We don't have an excuse.. too often we know in our conscience when we aren't doing something right. We don't need the law anymore.. GOd has given us his Holy Spirit.. and you think your mom getting on you was bad...
Vs. 11 We are all equal b4 God.. Man woman, boy and girl. He has saved us all and holds us to the same standard.. His standard.. now I have to try to make my personal standards match His.
That's my challenge. DO what God says.
You all should... makes life easier.
God bless you all

Romans 2:17Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 18And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 19And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 20An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 21Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 22Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 23Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
I really struggle. It seems to be a daily war with my flesh. and anytime I try to preach anything I condemn myself. Anytime I think that I am ready to lead I see how much i can't. Anytime I w/o God try to do something great it is prideful. there is a balance to leading.. but often it involves only in your jurisdiction. God bless you all.

Romans 2:28For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
The background for this discussion is that there we new believers coming into the church. they were gentiles and they didn't hold to the traditions of the old covenant that showed dedication to God.. ie. Circumcision. It was a sign that Jews were different. It was kinda an anti heathen worship as well. but that's not a good point of discussion in mixed company. the thing is that during the time Of Paul you had Jews preaching that gentiles needed to hold to the old laws. Paul preached and I believe that what God wants is inward devotion.. an circumcision of the heart..
it is far too common for us as Christians to insist on the outside and we miss the inside. What do we put first in our lives? Is it god? Is it us? it is in our spirit and in our heart that it really matters.

I was encouraged to seeK god first and to look deeply at me heart. God bless you all.

Dear friends, it's been interesting to say the least. God seems to be opening doors.. while closing others. I think a struggle for me is that I make the plans and ask God to bless them. It's called manhood and initiative.. Good things but I am taking them too far. I would much rather be In God's will than trying to make it my way. however... like Saul in the Bible.. when all around me seems to give way... I tend to offer my sacrifice and not wait for Samuel. The point is to wait for God's guidance.. and his timing... When I do get God's timing as as far as my direction.. my tendancy is to go make it happen. God's ways are beyond me... and sometimes a day seems like a thousand years.

Romans 3

1What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

3For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

5But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

6God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?

Paul is making a good point here.. too often as Christians we put God in a box. God wouldn't do this.. he wouldn't do that. God's ways are beyond us.. they are impenetrable... but we know that He is God and he does what he says. God is God despite what His children do. we are held to Him but he is not held to us.
I read this and it seemed to hit to the point.
Psalm 144

1Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

2My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

3LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!

4Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.

5Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.

6Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.

7Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;

8Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.

9I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.

10It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword.

11Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:

12That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:

13That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:

14That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets.

15Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

God is awesome!! As I look at it he is the only reason that I have suceeded in anything. He is the reason that I can fight.. that I can speak.. he has given me everything that I take for granted.
May he bless you as well

Today is the end of a month.... and the dawn of a new month. One that is usually focused on you.. everyone wants you to be selfish and have the give me spirit.. that way they can get at your money. We are bombarded with all these commercials... buy, buy, spend, you deserve to get more. I want stuff for xmas, I want alot of things.. however there are just two things i really want. Proverbs 30:7-9

7Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

8Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

I don't really want the world.. I want enough to satisfy and I want to grow in the Lord. I see so much in the world..

11There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.

12There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

13There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.

14There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

It is scary to look at our culture especially Christmas.. but let us take this month to see how we can show Jesus through us to the real needy among us. Often they don't need material things.. they need love. The love of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment