Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quiet time 51-60

Romans 10: 1Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

What is my hearts desire?? Is it to see the lost saved?? No, I think not... I want to be satisfied... I want to get my life straightened. Anywho..
What Paul is saying is that the Children of Israel have a passion for God and the law... and they seek to please God but they are misdirected... they feel as I have felt that I need to do something to be worthy of God's favor and forgiveness. In trying to gain our own righteousness we neglect the righteousness of God that is there to cover me anyways.

Psalms 101: 3I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. 4A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.

Part of being a Christian is the desire to be closer to God and neglecting the things of this world, the sinful things. Let me put no wickedness b4 mine eyes. Let us put Christ b4 our eyes.

Psalms 102: 27But Thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

hehe.. I like security and here it is... God is the same... and he doesn't ever die or kick the bucket or w/e. he is always here for me.
Let us pray for the lost.. Seek God, put no wickedness b4 us, and look to God.
Romans 10: 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Psalms 106: 6We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.

Proverbs22:29Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

I had someone ask me... How do you get to heaven? I replied.. you have to be dead.
What do you have to do to be saved?
I see that we need to realize our sins... and then confess them. Believe on Jesus and act. We won't be ashamed... I see that.. often that last part. I don't have to be ashamed anymore.. I am free.
Now I need to be bold and diligent.. being diligent is hard... often.
May you all be diligent and bold.
Romans 10:14How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Do I believe? I do. Do you believe? If you have and I think so, who have I told, who have you told?

I personally think that feet are nasty.. but that is another story for another time. Ok I think girls feet are nicer than guys... most of the time. But as we go out into the world.. walking on our feet, using our feet. They will get nasty, they will get bruised, they will be broken. In Basic, I saw feet that were broken, bruised and nasty. Yet we pushed on, We did that for a short time. Our feet got better. But during that 9 weeks our feet were nasty, I thought so as well. But to think that feet like that are beautiful... that is um beyond me. But it is true.. when that happens in the name of God. THose people are truly Beautiful.
Psalms 111: 1Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

2The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.

3His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

4He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.

5He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.

6He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.

7The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

9He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Psalms 114: 7Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;

As I read the Psalms, i see how important it is to praise God. How it seems like David couldn't help it... His praise was an just an effusion of his soul. What does my soul really say? As I get to know God I can't contain my excitement. God is something so awesome, that words can not but hint at it.

Proverbs 23: 17Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

I saw a Fox news broadcast where they were talking about some mogul who had made millions off of exploiting gullible girls. The man has everything now that he could ever want.. or so it seems. it is easy to want to have what he has. He is clearly wicked. He will never have the one thing I can have. Eternal Peace. I fear God. Not as much as I should but I think I am started.

May you all fear God, seek, praise Him, and Serve Him.

Romans 10: 7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day. 9And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: 10Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. 11I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
We have only been chosen because the chosen ones, the Jews, had not accepted Christ as the Saviour. It's not that they were made to stumble and fall. It's that God earnestly desires all men to be saved, however we all have a free choice. I am not dead sure but I think this passage is saying that there is an elect and that we were chosen only because others had first choice and chose not. We should rejoice though that God saw fit to extend the hand of mercy to the Gentiles as well.
12Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? 13For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. 15For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 16For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. 17And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. 20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
We have been accepted as the children of God not that we have a guareentee that we are the chosen ones to do God's will. God will never take away our salvation, but He will take away our guarantee.
22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again. 24For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree? 25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.
Even though the Jews have rejected God as a nation, God has not rejected his people. he loves the Jews as a mother loves her firstborn. He will save them again. I find this amazing that God has such a love for them. That is what is so amazing, it's awe inspiring.
29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 33O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 35Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 36For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
After all this... we see that as confusing as this is that God's thoughts are confusing. They are beyond our understanding or imagining. God is indeed beyond us.

Proverbs 24:10If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. 11If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; 12If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?
Haha, this passage is for us guys methinks. Anyway... it isn't just important that we stay strong but that we also need to reach out and save those who are in need.
Romans 11: 1I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying, 3Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. 4But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

God is reserving some as a witness. As we see the Church today, and it's apathy..w e also see that there is a faithful few. Those who are dedicated all the time. as Christians we have a choice... and i see my choice. Will I follow God.. or will I do what makes me happy. With that I sign out to go do what I should do.
What must I do to be forgiven? Will I ever be forgiven? Will those I've hurt and been involved with ever stop blaming me for it? Will they ever forgive me? Will I ever be able to move on? Will I ever forgive myself?
I think not.... It is hard to face the unknown with baggage. I guess this is when I have to look beyond myself and my problems to God. God forgives. I have to accept it though. I am not sure I can. I feel I must earn it in some way. I know I can never earn forgiveness. I am afraid that I am never going to be made whole again. I don't want much. I just want to be made whole, to be at peace with God and others.

Romans 11:33O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 35Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Who does know the mind of God? Who can tell? He is beyond finding out and searching. I am searching the will and ways of God. I will never find out though even a hint of the depth of God.


As I read through the Psalms it seemed to say that God forgives and that it is time to move on. That God is forgiving and merciful. That it is time to rejoice and enjoy God. God has forgiven me but I need to forgive myself now. I have cried out. I have mourned. I am needy. God is there. God is here for me. I need to accept him now.
May you find what you seek In God.

Psalms 139:1O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. 5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

God knows me, I am all his, there is nothing I can do to hide from God, He is there for me. I am always going to be there in the place where God sees me and cares for me.

6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. 7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. 12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. 13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. 19Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men. 20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain. 21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. 23Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

This is truly an awesome psalm.I see that God alone is the one who can defend me and clean me. The more I get to know God, the less I understand him.
Today I am going to speak about relationships. No Not guy/girl stuff... that's too complicated.. at least the girl part is. 'Sides, I hate mushy stuff.
Friends.. people you laugh with, cry wiht, watch stupid movies with, talk with.. they can make your day. However as social mammals.. we can depend too much upon them..

Psalms 141: 3Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. 4Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties. 5Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
As I have worked with people, I see what I say is what can destroy a friendship. A friendship that is founded on words though. What are our friends? Are they companions on our journey of life? Are they fickle friends that you have to cultivate? Are they there for you despite what you may do? What kind of a friend are you? What kind of a friend am I? Choose your friends.. they mold you

Psalms 142:4I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. 5I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
THis is truly sad, but true. Eventually you will reach the place like David when you can only depend on God. David reached it sooner than later. He had to depend on someone who was more powerful and capable than himself. As the King.. that meant one person. God. Who do you depend upon in time of trouble? Have you thanked them recently?

Psalms 143:4Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate. 5I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands. 6I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah. 7Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. 8Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. 9Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me. 10Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. 11Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
Be there for your friends. But depend upon God. He alone has said I will never leave nor forsake you.
1The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal, 2Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man. 3I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.
Agur a king, first off acknowledged that he was not wise nor holy. He was being humble and saying I know I am no priest nor wise man, I'm a rough character.

4Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? 5Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

This is good, He doesn't say.. I'm Agur 13rth king of _____, I have killed 75 men by my own hand in battle... he says.. Who made us? Who formed the earth with his idle time? What is His name? Don't add to what He says.. He is a Mighty protector

7Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: 8Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: 9Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

I think this is where we as Christians, where I have fallen short. It's Dec 30, 6 days ago alot of us were thinking about what we would be getting... we were thinking alot about us. When we have everything we want, Americans do... who needs God? We have the almighty dollar to help us along. Put not your trust in Horses, nor in man , nor in riches. Yet Agur asks to not be so poor that he steals to survive. Agur is truly wise.. he asks for barely enough to keep him safe but not too much so he has to look to God for his sustenance.

10Accuse not a servant unto his master, lest he curse thee, and thou be found guilty. 11There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother. 12There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness. 13There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up. 14There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men. 15The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough: 16The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough. 17The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.

This is what Agur is noticing as he ages... the world is changing, people are getting worse, the youth are rebelling. he warns them, compares them to nasty ends. Do we warn those who are falling? Do I when I meet an lees than honerable character preach God to Him/her? What do I do?

18There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not: 19The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid. 20Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness. 21For three things the earth is disquieted, and for four which it cannot bear: 22For a servant when he reigneth; and a fool when he is filled with meat; 23For an odious woman when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress. 24There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise: 25The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer; 26The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks; 27The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands; 28The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces. 29There be three things which go well, yea, four are comely in going: 30A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any; 31A greyhound; an he goat also; and a king, against whom there is no rising up.

As agur has grown old he has noticed some things that we can learn alot from, either as a warning or as character development. Be diligent to be a good steward, make a firm foundation, be thrifty, strong, somewhat stubborn, swift and firm. Beware the fools, the vindictive, and the women with a chip on their shoulder.. maybe even plain avoid nasty women who aren't married. :D Yet glory at the things God has made that we can't seem to understand, how something heavy can stay up in the heavens, something little can moves so fast without legs, currents, and love.. and no comment on the love.

32If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay thine hand upon thy mouth. 33Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife.

Please pray for me that I will lay my hand on my mouth. It is not what I think that is so bad... it is what I say that condemns me.

Romans 12:17Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

this is so important. When you suffer from people, do not hurt them back, reach out and show the love of God to them. Bless them with agape love

No comments:

Post a Comment