Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quiet Times 1-10

I don't want to presume sharing my quiet time but this is what I am sending out too those of you who miss GC. I want to include y'all.
Today I was reading Romans 14

1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

What i'm getting from this is the sense of direction about talking to girls. I have really been troubled about it and I think God is showing me what to do. It is true that in some of my conversations and relationships I have been too familiar. I need to change that. However I don't need to stop talking with all of y'all because other people are getting on me. What other people have been doing is judging me. I need to be careful not to cause people to stumble, but i need to do what is right before God, I also am not to judge other people. That is easy for me to do. Right now as I struggle with bitterness and anger it's easy to judge other people and get mad at them. I could be eally wrong but I see this as an answer from God to the question of "Why do people dislike me so much and say that I should not talk to girls"

I pray I'm not wrong, but this has given me freedom.

I am going to take the time though to spend with more people. If someone walks in my room to talk to me.. I will put my online stuff on hold. Sorry, but it's not like i'm actually in a conversation with you all... unless something serious is happening. Then I am here for y'all. I am also going to try and do more stuff with people just be there. I really am blessed by God to have such amazing and awesome friends.

In Proverbs 23 the whole thing is about not ging to excess in anything, disiplining and controling yourself. Whether it be food, drink, women, men, or talking. I need to not give into my lusts.


Romans 15. Let us who are stronger bear the infirmities of those who are weaker. I read this and I thought of y'all. You all have borne my infirmities and helped me.Thanks so much. You all are truly awesome and I thank God for you all.
However, I need to not just rely on you. I need to look to the hills from which cometh my help. I want to be able to say My help Comes from God! that the Lord would be my keeper. I want to be reliant on God first, then others.
That was from psalms 121, and in psalms 124, I see that only if God is on my side will I be safe from the stormes of life that would overthrow my soul. I can't do it on my own,

Getting right with God. It seems this last week, That God has been really hitting me. Do I love him? Why do I struggle with so much? It's because God has been a part of my life, but not that big of a part. I have been putting me first. It seems for the first time in a long time that I want to be more drawn to God, that I get my fulfillment towards him instead of trying to make me happy. So I feel God and I know that I'm going to have issues and fail and fight and it will be rough. I want to take this as a big encouragement to each of you that you find your peace through and in God not in your friends or in temporal things.

Yesterday and the day b4 I was on fire for God. I can sense that slow fade. I need to get back to God. Right now is when I feel his presence slipping. Not because He has done anything, but because of what I haven't done. I know what I did wrong yesterday, and I know what I have to do to remedy it. Oh that I may be sensitive to God's leadings. I took comfort from this and I hope you may also.

Psalm 139

1O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. 5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. 7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. 12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. 13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. 19Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men. 20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain. 21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. 23Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

God knows me, he sees me, he saw me and loved me b4 I was born. He has protected me, cared for me and searched me out. I want my heart to be pure b4 him. I know it isn't. I know he is giving me more freedom yet it seems so hard to break the mold completely. May I not be lead by my belly and be filled with flowery words and speeches. Romans 16:19 May God give us all a burning desire to be with Him.


ok today I got really encouraged by our morning meeting. Old people can be fun sometimes.. hehe, most of the people I was dealing with had grandkids.. gee I felt young. That's a real blessing just to be able to deal and be accepted and work with such people. I will miss it i guess. I got paid for the warehouse work I did. lol 43$ I'm so happy hehe. well that and I spent some time laughing with an old roomate... he's now the smaj. LOL, teased him and laughed.

I was in my truck and I just felt God today, oh may that we alll have the desire to just be with him and depend on him

LOL, ok so how do I say this.. I enjoy being so close to God and sharing... but I want to make sure that I'm not getting prideful about what God has shown Me!! I keep asking God for deep things but he's like yah.. so you will get the glory.. you just fix the things you know you want me to do. So no deep things. I hope you don't mind when I tell you what God wants me to do and what I am trying to work on. God wants me to spend less time on the computer. be honest, stop using mixed swearwords, not watch so many movies, and yah.. forgot the rest anyways. That's what I am doing. what are you all up to? The main thing is that I can't expect to love god and be close to him and not do anything at all with my personal life.

each morning, my prayer is that God fills me with his presence. This morning I was up until 12:30.. I was woken up at 5:15 so I am in a punch drunk mood. I'm giggling excessively, but my room mate asked me about the elections and we were talking and he said that he just didn't feel that it was right to pray that McCain was elected. I agreed. I said but It is not amiss to pray that the most Godliest man gets elected and to pray that McCain seems to be that man and that we pray that God;s will would be done and tell God what we would like his will to be. Yet keeping in mind that God does hold the heart of the king in his hand and he turns it wheresoever he wanteth.
Ps. 146:3 put not your trust in princes nor in the son of man in whom there is no help.
Today I had some things happen and all day I wanted to get bitter, to justify myself. Some of what was said was true but alot wasn't and I wanted to defend myself. I see a real change in my heart attitude. I want to say things sometimes and react but yet I sense this check in my will to not do it. Now I've stopped being inappropriate but that doesn't mean that I will stop being gross. there are some thing sthat will never change. Traditions and stuff. anyway, God gave me not the grace for the rest of my life, but for each moment. I have to rest in him. Then later I got off work at 2:30, I had worked through lunch, and I took a small nap. I had to return some stuff to the library by 5:30, and my dreams were haunted by the thought that I missed it and was late.. hehe, I hate being late.
then I went with a friend to my house and ate. it's a young guy who is working here at ALERT. young he;s my age. anyway I had him over to my house and we ate pizza, icecream, floats.. hot chocolate... and had a good time. On the way back home, he said.. You are such a nice guy, i don't see why people get mad at you. I'm like.. me either.
I had alot of fun today.. but I do feel like I could use a big hug.

ok so this morning I worked until 2:15 and I didn't get to bed until a wee bit later. I was going to wake up at 5.. but I woke up and I was like.. I need sleep... so I slept.. and slept.. until 7:40. I was late for work.. boss very mad. anyways... he had a talk with me about how long it was taking me to do the reports and yah. anyways.. I feel dead. my quiet time was very rushed. Super rushed. lol, anyways I read Proverbe 31. hehe, I could talk quite a bit about the importance of being a Godly woman.. I love verses that I don't have to apply. I read the end verse though.. just something to think about. Verse 30
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
That's the key.. and that is what I want to encourage you all to fear the Lord. Don't strive to be the prettiest. Strive to be Godly. This applies to m y life as well though I am no girl.
May God bless you and cause his face to shine on you.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
But, Lord, 'tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh trump of the angel! Oh voice of the Lord!
Blessèd hope, blessèd rest of my soul!
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

As a reminder to myself. Sometimes it seems so dark in my life. This hymn has been a big aid to me. The thing i can't comprehend about it is the tragedy that this author went through. Even after he lost his fortune he had yet more to come. First his son.. then all his daughters, at one blow.. yet he was able to say Even so it is well with my soul. It's heartbreaking. But what I get out of this is with what Job says in Job 1While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: 19And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. 20Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, 21And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.
Now God hasn't takenn away my fortune or my children.. I have neither, but when tempests do rock my world.. I can look to God and say, It is welll with my soul. Though He slay me.. yet will I bless him. The Lord giveth away. Tru this time nothing happened to me but what I am responsible for, yet it is awesome to have a God that I can rest in.
This psalm has really comforted me today. There are times when I look and say there is no help in God.. or I feel that way, I know differently though. God is my aid and my help. I cry unto the Lord and he sustains me. It never says that he rids me of my problems.. just that he is holding me. The key for me is to rest in him.
May God help each one of you and let you rest in him as you go through this day.
God bless
Psalm 3

1Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.

2Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.

3But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

4I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

5I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.

6I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.

7Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.

8Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

Today I just feel down, however unlikeDavid.. my biggest enemy isn't someone who hates me.. it's myself

Psalm 6

1O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. 2Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. 3My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? 4Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. 5For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? 6I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. 7Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.

but the Psalms ends it so well, But He heard me. It encouraged me. He hears me and delivers me

No comments:

Post a Comment