Monday, July 26, 2010

Blackwater Diving Part 2

Well, ok, so last time, I was 35 feet down with no sense of direction and a slightly panicked dive buddy. Honestly, I wasn't feeling so hot either. Well, no sense of direction, the problem is that we were really screwed up.

I also said it was about our Christian walk when you really can't see how to look up, when your light is bright, but it doesn't help either.

Well when we were there, with almost no options, we resorted to one of the fundamentals. We let some air out. The air bubbles floated up. It was one of those things where you are so happy to see a simple thing.

Well we just followed the bubbles. :D the solution to a hard problem was a simple answer.

That's the way it is with our Christian walk. We are surrounded with complicated problems. Christians doing evil things, compromising their faith for the pleasures of a minute. I've even done it. And that's when we have and need a simple answer. We need to love Jesus once again.
We need to let Him lead our walk. We can't seek His will through extra doctrines and extra rules and judgement on those who fail.
We have to walk the simple path of love, and the Bible. If we are faithful, He will be faithful too.

2 comments:

  1. Great posts. Very very true. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that. One thing that has really opened my eyes, is realizing the hope I have in Christ! If I put my hope in my position as a daughter (or even future wife), or in a job, parents, friends, etc., life is going to fail...period. But when you put your hope/trust in the Lord, oh my soul, it's totally freeing, amazing, incredible! The joy of the Lord is so very real! :)

    ReplyDelete