Thursday, May 13, 2010

Parents Can lose the Right to be Respected and Honored.

Let me start this post off by clarifying. This post is just stating an exception. I am stating that there is an exception that I hope is rare.

In the Torah, the Pentateuch specifically, there are crimes that would result in death of the offender, sodomy, adultery, murder, trying to kill someone, etc. According to that, if a parent did any of those things, especially to his kids, he lost the right to live, which included the right to be a parent.
Now that I have established that biblical fact, we have the issue of today, where people can do those offenses and get away with it. My personal belief is that if a person does that, they still deserve to lose the right to life.
If a parent has done any of those things, in my chain of logic, they have lost the right to respect and honor.
Debate it if you want, it's clear to me.

2 comments:

  1. I find it ironic that you will believe this but not that someone can lose their salvation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rotfl Daga!!! but I do have to agree...you really don't think someone can lose their salvation...but you do believe that someone can lose the right to live or be respected or be honored...doesn't add up... :)

    ReplyDelete